Our employees are our most valuable asset. The Toren actively cultivates a hotel culture that fosters teamwork, recognises talent and motivates employees to reach their personal best.
We are committed to the professional and personal development of our team, providing career opportunities that challenge and motivate.
The Toren Hotel (4*) is a one-of-a-kind boutique hotel in the dynamic heart of Amsterdam. The Hotel has recently become part of the chain Pavilions Hotels & Resorts, resulting in new management.
Our highly trained team and hotel size allows us to surprise our guests with a personalized experience, time after time. We offer our guests the right balance between professional and casual service by understanding and proactively addressing the guests’ needs. Although we have different departments, our team spirit extends throughout the entire hotel. We help each other where needed in order to provide the best possible service.
What’s in the job?
The Front Office is the center of hospitality in the hotel, it is the first point of contact with our guests. Almost all questions, remarks, and complaints are handled through the Front Office. Our Front Office team is trained to offer the best possible service, and you can be a part of this team. As a Front Office executive, your tasks and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Advising and assisting guests during their stay at Hotel Toren with professionalism and hospitable prestige;
- Checking guests in- and out;
- Handling administrative procedures of the Front Office;
- Complaint handling and prevention;
Who are you?
Guest service comes naturally to you, you are energetic and professional. Your smile makes the guest’s experience enjoyable, but your personality and service makes it one to never forget. You are not too shy to step forward and to connect with our guests, and you leave a lasting experience every time. Your sense of hospitality is not limited to guest service only, you connect to your colleagues and help them when necessary. Furthermore, you have the following personal traits:
- You understand guest needs, and act accordingly in a pro-active manner;
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently;
- You have strong social- and communication skills;
- You are hospitable and service-minded without losing sight of commercial targets;
- You preferably have experience with Opera and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Preferably, you have completed an education in hospitality/communications or sales and you have relevant working experience.